Page
of 166

MWO : General Discussion

1656 replies
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
It's not an easy thing re-designing something that has such a vocal fan-base SO STOP FUCKING HALF ASSING IT FFS. I mean what in the holy mother of fuck is that Warhawk? It's wrong in...everything. I said this a dozen times last night but it's a sad state of affairs when MW4 era redesigns look better than those done for Cry Engine...
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted May 7, 14
1-up:
+64
you know whats really funny????? Some of you guys have already payed for these mechs with hemarrhoids hanging from their arms. :lol:
tZ6zG.jpg
Posted May 8, 14
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
Lol, pgi too good. Fuck I wish I had even a modicum of trust in those guys anymore, but I'm pretty sure they literally do not play their own game.. or at least not the ones doing, balance, mech design. The map design guys are decent I suppose...
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted May 8, 14
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
The Summoner (Thor) is up!

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/05/858-summoner-screenshots-revealed

Looking pretty awesome. I'm not a huge fan of that right arm design (cockpit-side), but it's otherwise pretty much right on the mark. The legs are perfect.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted May 9, 14 · Last edited May 9, 14
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
I agree with the PPC arm, far too Timber Wolf/Cataphract/Marauder for my liking, also that missile pod is either too large or the mech is too narrow across the shoulders. Or maybe the launcher is just perched a little too high I dunno, either way it looks like an afterthought.

In Bred for War (?) a single Thor forces Victor Davion (in an 85t Battlemaster?) and Galen Cox (in a 65t Crusader) to withdraw although it takes a serious beating in the process :p I say "Thor" because that was the fight where Victor Davion first named the Sumoner the Thor because of it's "Thunder and Lightning" weapons config :d God I love the books, I would throw thousands at a game that could replicate how combat flowed in the books :(

Also Aidan (eventually Aidan Pryde) piloted a Sumoner and that dude was fucking bad-ass and the most inner-sperest clanner ever. They gave him a Timber Wolf one time and he takes down a company of comm-guards...also he had JJ on his Timber Wolf...how is this dude not awesome? :p
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted May 9, 14
List
Undo
Hey, finally, a model that actually looks pretty good, matches the concept art, and has a distinctly different shape.

Yes the right arm kicks outwards a bit too much, but otherwise a good job.
HP_zps28e03abe.jpg
By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen, purveyors of HP Sauces HP Foods LTD, Hayes, Middlesex.
Posted May 9, 14
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
+1 vote for Legend of the Jade Phoenix. That book was badass Grim.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted May 9, 14 · Last edited May 9, 14
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
No armor, fail mech.
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted May 9, 14
1-up:
+125
Meh. It looks okay.

........still not seeing a vulture or a shadow cat......
Itchy.png
Posted May 9, 14
1-up:
+54
I still want a Mauler, Piranha or Kraken. I need to get my Dakka on PGI.
Posted May 9, 14
Page
of 166
NoticeNotices