15 replies
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
BP_Promo2.png

A useful little app to help improve your MWO teamwork experience!

OVERVIEW

Hey guys. So last night it was decided that I would create an interactive windows application that visually and chronologically depicts the specific strategies that our competitive line up has determined to be the best options for us in competitive matches.

The program will be available to all OMC MWO members upon it's completion, and access to the program is already password protected. We kindly ask that you do not share the program with non-OMC players as doing so would expose much of our competitive strategy to 3rd parties which would not be good! We're putting a lot of time and effort into this, after all.

FEATURES

• All player mechs will be represented on the map at all times, their anticipated movements, present objectives, weapon loadout and a visual representation of their effective range, as well as current theoretical line-of-site to all grid references on the map. All of this information will be available simply by clicking on the relevant player blip on the map.

• Playback of the simulation will be controllable (play, pause, set time, etc) much like a youtube clip.

• Grid references will be selectable for additional details regarding their cover potential & direction, current LOS relative to team player positions and any anticipated enemy movement.

• More info to come!

WANT TO HELP?

If you would like to assist in the development of the tool, let me know. I'll be handling all of the programming myself, but any good ideas, graphics assistance, etc is appreciated. As for strategy ideas & such, I'd recommend bringing them up with Cerb and Grim as these plans are being formulated mostly by them at this stage, but input is welcome.

Cheers guys! I'll post up some in-development shots soon.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Sep 27, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 27, 14
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
I don't know if I mentioned this last night but in all honesty have my babies!
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Sep 27, 14
Valore atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+369
Admins
Now we can plot all our cunning plots on Alo's plot plotter!
Posted Sep 27, 14
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
Fucken. Rockstar.
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted Sep 27, 14
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
Cheers only 99C on Google Play.
Posted Sep 27, 14 · Last edited Sep 27, 14
List
Undo
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
Some screencaps of some of the pretty stuff that's finished.

aboutpagev01.png

login.png

Because we wouldn't want the filthy casuals getting access to all of our secrets.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Sep 27, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 27, 14
1-up:
+40
It's looking good.
Posted Sep 27, 14
1-up:
+69
Sweet.
Posted Sep 28, 14
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
Just finished extracting & adding grids to all of the maps sourced directly from the game files. I did this (instead of using the smurfy map images) because the Smurfy images are all 1024x1024 lossy files, whereas the original game map files are 2048x2048 lossless. Unfortunately, it also means that now converted to PNGs, we're looking at just under 50MB of image data for all of the current maps (combined), but I figure that will be well worth the download considering we'll be able to zoom in and out of the maps in the program, show & hide the grid on a toggle, and generally not have to be looking at low resolution garbage when using the program! :d

I'll throw the images up on mega or something later today with grids on so that Cerb, Grim & anyone else that would like to, can use the high-res images for strat planning and such already.

EDIT:

Here's a preview of Alpine, note that the image host I'm using halved the resolution to 1024x1024, so the actual image you'll get in the program and in the archive uploaded later is DOUBLE the size of this. :d

Grid_Alpine.jpg
SsghGD2.png

Posted Sep 28, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 28, 14
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
What would you like me to do?
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted Sep 28, 14
Page
of 2