Page
of 2

OMC Battle Planner - Development

15 replies
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
Could we get it so that say.. as the enemy attacks and moves different ways we can adapt our strategy to that?

For example, if the enemy starts attacking one direction then changes direction or if there are two directions they could go to plan for either or both.
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted Sep 28, 14
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
Yes. :)

Also, here's what I've finished tonight. Behold, every map for MWO in full uncompressed 2048x2048 glory with accurate grids added by yours truly.

https://mega.co.nz/#!EgQVkKDZ!OxRfw4W2O45YFgY2h4dOq7KxWz1c6q8Yk1b5yBHSaWQ
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Sep 28, 14 · OP
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
More WIP stuff.. This is what I have so far for the lance information side-window, with one mech selected (green) and it's weapons displayed, as well as it's current objective. I'll be adding a few other details to this window view as well, such as the current grid position of each mech in the lance, mech tonnage (maybe?) and their ECM status. (i.e. any mechs that don't have an ECM system, but are within 180M of a friendly mech that does will have an ECM status indicator in this view).

Mech_Info_v01.png

Note that this is still very far from final, and I'll probably be changing/adding bits and pieces as I go too. At the moment, this is obviously configured for four lances of three (lights, mediums, heavies and assaults) but that's something that may change too depending on how Grim and Cerb would like to organize these things.

Any other suggestions? Be sure to drop them here!

Cheers guys. Next up will be a preview of the map-view window itself. Code is about 50% done on that one.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Oct 1, 14 · OP · Last edited Oct 1, 14
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
I think we will need to be able to organise ravens etc.. as either lance or separate. Some maps you'll need them apart i.e. forest colony and others. Grim mentioned something good the other day about running ravens/cicadas in pairs, which would probably work well, so being able to pair a cada/raven on the same position would make that easier also. I understand this will be harder to create, but being customisable will help keep it usable later down the track.
v2As7c3.jpg
Posted Oct 1, 14 · Last edited Oct 1, 14
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
We demand corporate level reporting functions as well! And for less money then you offered it to us for! :p

But yes I did think about that, would suck to see all of Alo's great work be nullified by a single patch rofl
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Oct 1, 14
Alopex atag
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+535
Admins
No worries! Can do.
SsghGD2.png

Posted Oct 1, 14 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices