Main Forum
Page
of 26

BATTLETECH-Kickstarter-Invasion

253 replies
1-up:
+167
LOL, Me --> "Oh that looks cool, I'll put my email in!".... "You are already subscribed"...

7604939824_96cde34ece.jpg
OMC-Sig-Test2-halfsize_zps1b8e2d8a.png
Posted Sep 18, 15
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
Grimnar, I have this kickstarter I'm about to launch, It will pull at your heart strings, suck your bank account dry with promises and then fold 5 years later leaving nothing but a cached digital footprint.
Link?
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Sep 18, 15
1-up:
+164
Don't worry Grimnar - enough of us are similarly obsessed to ensure they have enough money to start...

A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
Posted Sep 18, 15
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
Interview with Harebrained Schemes about the upcoming BATTLETECH Kickstarter

http://www.sarna.net/news/interview-with-harebrained-schemes-about-the-upcoming-battletech-kickstarter/
Posted Sep 21, 15 · OP
1-up:
+164
Very nice! I like that they are sharing artwork with MW:O - while their designs may not always be great - I would rather the consistency over the crap put out in MW Tactics.....

Posted Sep 21, 15
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
OMG YES. 3025 setting means no clans (as much as I like them they are a balance nightmare, nobody has managed to balance them yet because they aren't meant to be balanced) and a relatively even spread of forces across the Inner Sphere. However this is also about the time that Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner are planning to merge the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth (eventually known as the Federated Commonwealth) so we'll be in that 'everyone hates Davion' time period with the Combine, Free Worlds League and Capellans all thinking that the Fox (Hanse Davion) will invade them next.

Spoiler: Map showing the Successor States in 3025Show

So there's no really massive wars during this period but there are plenty of single unit engagements in the areas of the Skye, Capellan and Draconis Marches. This is also the period of the Marik Civil War and somewhere around here is when the St Ives Compact splits from the Capellan Confederation with the help of Hanse Davion (St Ives is at the top right of the green bit in the picture above). So much politics in Battletech. I don't like RL politics but BT politics is freaking amazing. Clan politics are even more fun because no matter what your opponent's argument is if you can beat him in combat you win the argument haha

So I'm freaking keen for this game.
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Sep 21, 15
List
Undo
Never go full Grimnar.
HP_zps28e03abe.jpg
By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen, purveyors of HP Sauces HP Foods LTD, Hayes, Middlesex.
Posted Sep 21, 15
List
Undo
1-up:
+164
But this time he is right?

3025 BT - cannot wait.

Posted Sep 22, 15
1-up:
+9
Envoy
Kickstarter will go for a month, any bets on how much over 100% funded they will go?
You got killed because you were stupid
Posted Sep 22, 15
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
What the limit on Grims credit card
Posted Sep 22, 15 · OP
Page
of 26
NoticeNotices