+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
FYI - https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/73
Posted May 8, 18 · OP
1-up:
+45
Thanks for that one live. Once I get through the vanilla campaign that version will be interesting to try out.
Stonehouse_zpsecd34449.jpg
Posted May 8, 18
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
I had a look at JK's mod (which this mod uses) a week or so ago and it's cool having more variants and all but most still suffer the same problems as the existing variants. Although there are a few exceptions to this like the Banshee 3S which has a significantly smaller engine allowing the 95t Banshee to finally have more firepower than a 55t Shadow Hawk (not even a joke) do mean we aren't locked into using Highlanders for brawling, Highlanders for LRDF and Highlanders (or Stalkers) for indirect fire support.
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted May 8, 18
1-up:
+35
*Commando runs up and kicks my Shadowhawk*
Pilot: "Experienced light damage."
Posted May 13, 18 · Last edited May 13, 18
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
At a certain point in the campaign I had to stop and ask myself "why is Adam Jensen yelling at me?!" Seriously though I couldn't place the voice during my first play through and the first time he spoke the second time around I thought I was in Deus Ex again :p
WybbtOO.png
Posted May 13, 18
1-up:
+167
I just finished the campaign, lost my best scout to a rogue head shot on the 2nd last mission but which I was a bit pissed about.

Overall I think it was pretty good, and I would definitely be buying any DLC that comes along for more content, but I really hope that they decide to do a Battletech 2, either keeping with Mercenaries or the Clan invasion would be pretty cool.
OMC-Sig-Test2-halfsize_zps1b8e2d8a.png
Posted May 13, 18
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
It's been debated to death on the forums but I really hope the next few content releases aren't a jump straight to 3050 (the next one won't be, they announced that). Aside from clans being impossible to balance for the player we have one of the most exciting times in BT history about to start. Clans have been done to death by every other game adaptation and unless acquiring clan mechs and parts is realistically paced (per the lore) I'm not even remotely excited for another failure of a clan invasion.

As someone who wouldn't mind playing against clan tech without having unlimited access to it I would love to play as a survivor of the initial clan invasion of the periphery (this is when Phelan Kell is taken as a bondsman, before the IS knows the clans aren't just raiders with cool tech) and you could even work it in that you somehow get your hands on a clan mech kind of like how the campaign gives you one sldf era mech and the rest of your lance uses current tech. Could even make up some link to the GDL and allow the player to field limited amounts of the LosTech found in the Helm Memory Core before the states do.

There're many possibilities that likely won't see daylight because the filthy clan fan boys won't accept a game where they can't trample everyone in their Vultures and Stone Rhinos...
WybbtOO.png
Posted May 13, 18
1-up:
+45
My point of view is I would rather see a fictional "historical" campaign around a company in a unit like the Davion Heavy Guards or similar than the clan invasion and play through their battles in one of the later succession wars say 3rd or 4th and somehow have the outcome of the battles have an effect at a higher level. Not so much a branching campaign but something where you get intel and high level tasking from HQ as well as supply and it's up to you to plan the company's drop zone and force and targets and if you do well and in keeping with higher objectives it results in better supply and moves the friendly line of advance forward etc etc. Something like that anyway.
Stonehouse_zpsecd34449.jpg
Posted May 13, 18
1-up:
+167
Just a thought, but it doesn't have to be the Clan Invasion does it? The Clans had a huge amount of fighting amongst themselves, I'm sure that you could make a pretty good game with some Clan vs Clan campaign, and don't have to worry about balance then.
OMC-Sig-Test2-halfsize_zps1b8e2d8a.png
Posted May 13, 18
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,189
You could, I was just hoping for the same characters and that'd be impossible in any scenario here you are fighting for a clan.
WybbtOO.png
Posted May 13, 18
Page
of 26
NoticeNotices