+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/02/1714-skill-tree-public-test-session

have a read, what do you think ?

Modules

Q: Are Modules being removed entirely?
All non-Consumable Modules are being removed with the release of the new Skill Tree. The benefits previously provided by those Modules have instead been integrated directly into the Skill Tree as unlockable Skill nodes. Acquiring the benefits of Radar Deprivation, for example, will require that you unlock its associated Skill Nodes within the Operation tree.

Q: What about Consumable Modules?
Consumable Modules, such as UAV, Cool Shot, and Artillery/Air Strikes, will remain as equippable items.

Q: How are refunds being handled for the Modules we may have purchased prior to the release of Skill Tree?
You will receive a full C-Bill refund for all Modules present in your inventory at the time of the February patch.
The amount you'll receive will be the combined purchase value of all your owned Modules. In other words, if you own 10 Radar Deprivation Modules (with an individual purchase value of 6,000,000 C-Bills) in your inventory at the time of the patch, you will be refunded a total of 60,000,000 C-Bills just for those Radar Dep Modules alone.

Q: Does that refund include XP spent to acquire Module upgrades as well?
Yes. Any GXP spent to acquire Module upgrades will be returned to you as GXP.

Q: Will I be refunded in C-Bills for Modules I own, but didn't purchase? Modules I received from a 'Mech pack for example, or from an Event.
As long as those Modules are still present in your Inventory at the time of the patch, you will be provided with a full C-Bill refund for all such Modules as if you had purchased them directly.

Q: What about the special LTD Clan Modules originally provided with Clan Wave 1?
As long as those Modules are still present in your Inventory at the time of the patch, you will be provided with a full C-Bill refund for all such Modules as if you had purchased their non-LTD counterparts at the regular purchase value.
However, the LTD Modules will be valued an additional 1,000,000 C-Bills on top of the purchase value of their non-LTD counterparts. A LTD Shock Absorbance Module will be valued at 7,000,000 C-Bills for example, instead of 6,000,000 C-Bills.

Q: What about Modules I've sold back in-game for C-Bills?
Modules that have been sold back in-game are not eligible for the Module refund. Your refund amount will only account for the Modules present in your account at the time of the patch.

Q: What if I spent GXP to upgrade Modules, but no longer have any of those Modules in my inventory?
You will still receive a GXP refund for any such cases.

Q: Do you need anything from me to make sure the Module refunds are completed and accurate?
The Module refunds will be a purely automated process run by the account database.
All refunds will be provided accurately and in full according to the state of the player account at the time of the patch.
Support services will not perform manual audits of player accounts to confirm the accuracy of the refund process, nor will they make exceptions for Modules sold back in-game.

Experience Points

Q: What happens to all the 'Mech XP and GXP I've spent leveling my 'Mechs prior to the release of the Skill Tree?
All of the 'Mech XP and GXP you've spent leveling 'Mechs will be returned to you, in full, as Historical XP.
This Historical XP is locked to the variant on which it was spent, but can be assigned as you desire to any 'Mech of the same variant type.

For example: Under the previous system you spent a combined total of 50,000 experience points (XP and GXP) on your SDR-5D.
With the release of the new Skill Tree, all SDR-5Ds in your MechLab will possess a shared pool of HXP equal to the amount of experience you previously spent on that variant. From the above example, the HXP pool for all SDR-5D variants in your MechLab would thus be 50,000 HXP.
Historical XP can then be transferred to any SDR-5D variants in your collection. You could transfer 25,000 Historical XP into 'Mech XP for one 5D, and 25,000 HXP into 'Mech XP for the other.

Q: What happens to all the GXP I've spent upgrading the Modules that are being removed under the new Skill Tree?
Any GXP you've spent upgrading Modules will be returned to you in full as GXP.

Q: What about experience I haven't spent? I still have 'Mechs with unspent 'Mech XP, and I still have a balance of GXP.
All unspent 'Mech XP is also being refunded in full as Historical XP. That HXP will work in the same way as outlined above.
Unspent GXP will simply carry over after the release of the Skill Tree in February. Your GXP balance won't be affected.

Q: Do you need anything from me to make sure the experience refunds are completed and accurate?
The experience refunds will be a purely automated process run by the account database.
All refunds will be provided accurately and in full according to the state of the player account at the time of the patch.
Support services will not perform manual audits of player accounts to confirm the accuracy of the refund process, nor will they make exceptions for adjusting the amount of experience received nor the distribution method of that experience.
Posted Feb 9, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 9, 17
1-up:
+40
Well I guess it's ok as long as I get all the C-Bills and XP back. But they're still making off with the MC I've spent on XP to GXP Conversion. Still thats probably better than ending up with a Million XP on my stalkers.
Although I don't see why those limited modules you got for pre-ordering should be worth more. Almost don't think they should be giving anything for them when we didn't pay any extra for them, and I have most of them.

Posted Feb 9, 17
1-up:
+9
Envoy
So gpxp spent on mechs gets the shaft, nice
You got killed because you were stupid
Posted Feb 9, 17
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
91 skill points = 136 500 XP and 9 100 000 C-Bills to master 1 individual mech

Alexander Garden:

MC Consumables on the Skill Tree PTS have the same capabilities as usual; they don't require progress along the Skill Tree to reach their current level effectiveness on the main server.

The Advanced UAV Consumable does benefit from the UAV Nodes on the Skill Tree however, so you should able to boost its capabilities beyond what is currently possible on the main server.

^ so does this mean, that using MC UAV's, you can spend several dozen skillpoints from the 91 cap into more armor and firepower? Hey there p2w on match level.

2,275,000cb / 910mc if you want to fully respec your mech

Copied from Reddit
Posted Feb 9, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 9, 17
1-up:
+32
Doesn't seem like a lot of cbills or exp, but that's too much to spend when you think about how many mechs you have.

Plus for those people who saved cbills by moving modules to different mechs instead of buying multiple modules are absolutely fucked when it comes to mastering mechs now. That's simply just too much time to spend, and making us buy MC to convert xp to GXP or even those shoddy cbills packages for us that don't play at least 3 hours every day.

That's my $0.02.
Posted Feb 9, 17
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
89 mil should get you around 10 mastered mechs !!!!
Posted Feb 9, 17 · OP
1-up:
+88
So the cost to remaster my current 348 mastered mechs will be...
Posted Feb 9, 17
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
3166800000 Cbills and 47502000 XP Ish
Posted Feb 9, 17 · OP
Troll
List
Undo
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+531
As if the system didnt fuck over new players enough as is..
Posted Feb 10, 17
1-up:
+32
I don't think they give a shit about new players anymore.

If they did, this skill tree both makes this simpler and more complex at the exact same time.
Posted Feb 10, 17
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices