Main Forum
Page
of 3

Patch Notes - The day your mouse died.....

27 replies
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/

This one is up to date, PPC STK can might work again
Posted May 17, 17 · OP
1-up:
+9
Envoy
I think you still need a mech with the base PPC velocity buff to make them work like old
You got killed because you were stupid
Posted May 17, 17
mew
1-up:
+100
so marauder 3R gets 90 st 90 armor CT (dont bother with the extra armor from tree) as well as twisting like a demon :3 and about 160 in the torsos or so, with hitboxes like jesus so the tanky 75tonner just got tankier :p
Posted May 18, 17
mew
1-up:
+100
https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/?55e8be29-3b23-11e7-ae4c-9131a8aadbe4

mirden and i looked at this as a generalised baseline of "what almost everything probably wants"
Posted May 18, 17
1-up:
+9
Envoy
I beg to differ, you can get some insane armour builds using the skill tree armour buffs on top of the quirk ones. Hunchback 4SP, the MAD 3R, Atlas S, Black knight 6(something), Wolfhound 1B(not sure which one I run).

Oh and the JJ tree on the current jump snipers are funny as shit and as a side note the Viper fully JJ spec'd reaches low orbit. Thinking of using it at the start of the match as a radar scan to find the enemy.

And guess what kiddies, PGI will not change anything for a month so they say.
Posted May 18, 17
1-up:
+40
Each skill point only gets you approx 1 point of armor for a CT, less for everywhere else. Didn't feel spending 7 Skill Points for 7 extra armor was worth it.

Posted May 18, 17
1-up:
+9
Envoy
thats the point, nothing is worth it
Posted May 18, 17
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+877
Admins
I think in comp play things are worth it, if you are running a plan or a role.

QP Movement, firepower, and armor in that order will be king. ( Unless you are shit or new then armor, Movement and firepower)
Posted May 18, 17 · OP
mew
1-up:
+100
I would disagree - the point investment to get 7 points of armor isnt that worth it (in almost every situation) against what you can pull fro other trees - firepower should always come last over all, most of the mobility ones simply cant equate the cost on mechs that have benefited from the decoupling changes, a lot of dakka and gauss mechs simply wont need the cooling efficiency quirks at all (lel shutdown time on a gauss mech? reroll son)

the JJ quirks are basically unneeded on 90% of mechs with JJs - investment vs return - the STRUCTURE quirks are flat worth it basically across the board, its a massive boost, but the armor quirks with the limitations? you get on average less than 1/3 of the armor for the sheer point investment just eh; potentially on some pure tanks it might be worth it but again even on the mad-3R which gets atlas (base) level armor when fully spec'd, you lose more than you gain by *over* tanking it, without it you can invest more into cooling, twisting, firepower and airstrikes (10 x 165 is a LOT of potential damage and if you're running a corner blocking mech with seismic, you see the ping drop the strike as they push and follow up with an arty as they come around or if you're good enough with it another airstrike).

i think EVERY build, period, ever, should pick up at least the second consumable, ie one point, because even if its just a default airstrike that is potentially hundreds of damage (again i stress we should be doing air strike training.... i have dropped strikes on death that have pulled in ~2-300 damage, far more than a coolshot would ever manage - although of course you can control where that heat goes with a coolshot tbf)
Posted May 18, 17
1-up:
+40
OH I miscounted the points too, you get 4 points for 4, anymore and your spending 1-2 extra points to get a single point of armor. This is on our template anyway.
I feel the vast majority of lights and med's would get better results taking more points in Mobility. Yes some lights can get Med levels of armor and some Med's get Heavy levels of armor. In lighter weight drops maybe the extra survivability would be worth it, but if you can't twist and turn quick enough to follow quicker mechs then whats the point? A good distraction, maybe. Well whatever, this is coming from a guy who pretty much hasn't played in 12 months so take it as you will.

Posted May 18, 17
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices