Alopex atago
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+534
Admins
Online on Site
header.jpg

Hey lads. How about some underwater survival on an alien planet together?

WHAT THE HELL IS IT??

Subnautica is an underwater survival adventure game set on an alien ocean planet. A massive, open world full of wonder and peril awaits you!

WHERE CAN I GET IT?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

BUT THIS IS A SINGLEPLAYER GAME!?

I've got my hands on a dev build of the Subnautica multiplayer mod Nitrox, and after some testing at home, I'm thinking that this could be a good opportunity for us to launch into another multiplayer survival adventure that'll probably last all of about a week, if you're all keen. ;)

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!

If you're interested, send me a message or reply here and I'll get you set up with the files you'll need. Should be a simple copy paste into your subnautica directory if I've got this all right (haven't tested on a machine that isn't mine yet, but it -should- be fine!) and then we'll be good to go. Server will be hosted locally on my PC for now, but if a lot of you are interested, I'll gladly spin up an instance on my dedicated windows server to run 24/7 for however long this game lasts us.

Cheers lads!
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Apr 23, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 23, 18
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,181
Online on Site
As someone who spent a large percentage of their childhood on and around the water this sounds pretty cool. However as someone with a somewhat paradoxical, and yet very real, fear of open water fuck right off.
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Apr 23, 18
List
Undo
Alopex atago
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+534
Admins
Online on Site
Unfortunately, gameworld persistance is still in the development pipeline, thus the server can't save the game world, and any new players joining the game late don't always recieve prior entity data, meaning that any sessions at the moment must be started by all players at approximately the same time to ensure entity synchronization, and while the game world can be saved to a singleplayer instance by any player, it's not yet possible to load up an existing save on the side of the server.

TL;DR: We can play, but our gameworld won't persist between sessions. If you're still keen, hmu otherwise I'll keep an eye on the project and when it's a bit further along i'll let everyone know.
SsghGD2.png

"Why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Posted Apr 24, 18 · OP
1-up:
+54
Swimming around at sunset.
Look down and see big shadow.
Mandibles or tentacles?
Hold still.
Sun goes down.
Everything's pitch black.
Flash light on but just darkness all around.
Panic and make for the surface.
Can't move.
Whole screen taken up by giant fucking spider snake.
Looks at me for a second.
Pulls me into its fucking mouth.

I don't want to go into the water anymore.
Posted Apr 27, 18
Alopex atago
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+534
Admins
Online on Site
zqJhA4z.png
SsghGD2.png

Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
Internet Points:
+100
1-up:
+1,181
Online on Site
Nope.
WybbtOO.png
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
Posted Apr 29, 18
Troll
List
Undo
1-up:
+54
wrote:
zqJhA4z.png

That's him, nature is scary yo.
Posted Apr 30, 18 · Last edited Apr 30, 18
NoticeNotices